Monday, February 23, 2015

Book Review: All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

I am very interested in books written about WWII but the books I usually read are written in the perspective of a Jewish person.  This book is written from the point of view of Werner Pfenning a young German Private and Marie-Laurie LeBlanc a young blind French girl.  I loved hearing about the war from their perspectives and felt like I was there with them.  I am a romantic so I would have liked a different ending, but I thoroughly enjoyed the book.
  The one negative thing I have to say is, I read the book on Kindle and it was a little confusing for me where one part is August 1944 then the next August 1942 and the next August 1944 again.  Sometimes I had to go back pages to see what was the previous chapters year.  
   
After reading the book, I would love to see before and after pictures of Berlin, France and the places mentioned in the book.  Also, I had a great desire to listen to the song "Claire de Lune" again.

Thank you to Netgalley for a free copy of this book for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment